TeachingPhysician.org connects medical schools and community preceptors. It delivers videos, tips, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to in-depth information on topics such as:
- Preparing a practice team for a learner
- Orienting a learner
- Precepting principles
- Teaching strategies
- What to teach
- Giving feedback
- Assessment and Evaluation
- EHRs and health informatics
- Learners in difficulty
The site helps preceptors do their jobs more effectively. It also helps medical schools and residency programs recruit, train, and retain community preceptors and meet accreditation requirements for faculty development.
Here’s how it works:
- Medical schools and residency programs purchase a subscription to TeachingPhysician.org.
- Medical schools and residency programs post information of value to their preceptors (clerkship goals and objectives, assessment forms, schedules, etc.) on their institutional hub. Access to this hub is available ONLY to those with the institution's login credentials.
- Medical school and residency program administrators submit the names and e-mail addresses of their preceptors.
- Each month, preceptors receive an e-mail with valuable information about precepting. The email includes links to additional information within the website. These emails are customized with the subscribing institution's name, username, and password.
- Preceptors complete evaluations and earn CME credit.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for subscription questions, technical support, or questions about the site's content.